INSPIRED BY NATURE

Well, in this part let's talk about the felt figures I produced inspired by nature! I think this title needs to become a series because I may not be able to talk enough about these wonderful creatures in one title.

There are so many options that we can use as reference when producing new things. But when it comes to nature; she is a magical source of inspiration. I first started making animal figures from felt. Do you know that the felt versions of these creatures, which are already very cute and unusual in real life, also look great?


First, I would like to talk about the Amazon river dolphin car hanging ornament I made. Please don't forget to look at real-life photos of this dolphin species.

The Amazon river dolphin, also known as the pink river dolphin or boto, lives only in freshwater. It is found throughout much of the Amazon and Orinoco river basins in Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Peru, and Venezuela. Although Amazon pink river dolphins are famous for its pink hue, they weren’t born this way. The dolphins are actually born gray and slowly turn pink as they age. Male dolphins are strikingly pinker than their female counterparts; the coloration thought to be a product of scar tissue resulting from rough games or fighting over conquests. However, their final color can be influenced by their behavior, capillary placement, diet, and exposure to sunlight; with brighter pinks attracting more attention from the females. These river dolphins can sport markings that range from mostly gray with some pink spots, to full flamingo pink. Fun fact: when the dolphins get excited, they can flush a brighter pink, similar to humans!



And our next guest is the alpaca with a hat!

Llama or alpaca?

I don't want to argue about this cuz this will make them angry. And this is dangerous! (>_<) Just kidding...
Llamas and alpacas are sweet animals but won't hesitate to spit at you. They can spit when they are extremely agitated or very upset but it is a last resort (^^)



  What do you know about these Amazon river dolphins and llamas/alpacas? Share with us in the comment section and let's learn more about these amazing creatures. See you again soon. Take care yourself ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment

LET'S WATCH THE SKY TOGETHER, SILENTLY

      Hello again! I didn't think I'd see you here again. You are truly a devoted reader. It's nice to have a devoted reader. Wh...